Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Paw Print Ornaments


I'll admit it. I'm obsessed with our dogs.

We have a Boxer-Collie-Chow mix named Baby, and a Chihuahua named Jackson who I frequently refer to as my fur-babies. Like any obsessed parent, about 99.9% of the pictures saved on my phone are of these adorable dog-faces. I mean, come on:





Naturally, I have often combined my love of crafting with my love for the pups and created ridiculous pet items.

Exhibit A: The Colts Snuggie


I'd say the execution of that project could have been better.

Anyway.

Inspired by the recent trend of thumbprint necklaces, I decided to take it one step further into Dog-obsessionville and create paw print ornaments. Yeah, I know it's not even close to Christmas, but why the heck not?

These were fairly easy (if you consider wrangling your dog easy) and incredibly cheap to make.

Materials

- 1 package of oven-bake clay
- Paint
- A (semi) willing participant

1. Preheat your oven according to the baking directions on the clay package.
2. Take your clay and roll it into a ball, then flatten it out. A rolling pin would have probably helped here. Use a toothpick to poke a hole on both sides of the ornament.

 

3. Find your critter. Here's Baby giving me her best "relaxed casual" pose. 

4. Press your furry friend's paw onto the clay. Press hard. Your pet will be confused and try to lick your face while you do this. Getting the impression right may take some trial and error. If you mess up, just re-roll the clay.
 


5. Bake according to the directions on the package. Paint, attach string and enjoy!



Happy Crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment