I've seen some tutorials lately of spray paint art and wanted to make a set for the bathroom. This is probably the cheapest decorating project I've ever done.
- Spray paint, $1.75 on clearance at ACE
- Canvas, $0.50 on clearance at Hobby Lobby
- Leaves and branches, free from our yard :)
Lessons learned from this project:
- If you put some double sided tape on the back of the plants, it helps keep them from getting blown around by the spray paint and gives you a cleaner finish.
- Plants that are thin/light will not work. I was hopeful at first, but the smaller plants just didn't stand out enough.
Repainted two of the canvases and gave it second shot with some different branches...
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. These would also look great in a light green color too. Just need to get them framed and I'll be done with a really cheap, fun and easy art upgrade for the bathroom!